Saturday, February 11, 2006

And this is where my interest in photography really began to blossom. It was one of those "spur of the moment" shots taken with my very first 35mm format camera. This was a Canon QL17 with fixed lens. I was driving west towards Inverell at the close of day and crested a brow to find this. I was well down the road and had to back the car up out of the shot. I didn't even turn the car off. I grabbed the camera, jumped out hit the trigger and went on my way. In those days I had to wait something like 2 weeks for the slides to return to know whether in fact anything I had shot was successful - there were a lot that weren't!
Sometimes almost by accident, I got some pearlers.

This image is nearly 40 years old - it was taken by me in 1969

The image has been scanned from the original colour slide.

No comments: